Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: DH51271569
Pay Rate: $120 / hour
Survey Director - Land Development $120k
Company experience Rapid growth. As a result of the growth, there are opportunities for advancement, as well as mobility within the organization. We have a competitive benefits plan and we have been in the industry for +30 years.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
Will ultimately be responsible for supporting Department Managers and their teams by:
- Managing clients and undertaking business development activities,
- Preparation of survey proposals and contracts,
- Representing ESP and client(s) in public settings.
- The Survey Director will have responsible charge of all aspects of a surveying and geomatics group (field and office) by providing training, mentoring, technical and administrative guidance, and oversight.
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel and officials of organizations and companies.
- Manage client expectations regarding project timelines, costs, and updates.
- Administer contracts and manage projects, interpret, organize, execute, and coordinate assignments.
- Assist Project Managers with workforce planning, monthly billing, and final review of completed reports and maps.
- Manage the practice to achieve expected profitability and growth.
- Licensure as a Professional Land Surveyor (SC PLS) required. NC PLS preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying, Geomatics, or related field preferred.
- Progressive experience in surveying management, specifically supporting land development survey projects.
- Experience supporting DOT and/or utility survey projects preferred.
- Strong self-motivational and organizational skills with the ability to lead, motivate and direct a team of office and field personnel.
- Experience with survey computations and platting using Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and ArcGIS, as well as field experience with Trimble Survey field equipment.
- Thorough working knowledge of GPS.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and Google Earth a plus.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.