Job Number: DH884067
Pay Rate: $80,000.00-100,000
Project Engineer - Land Development & Infrastructure Design $80-100k
A multi-discipline engineering design and consulting firm providing our clients with civil engineering, surveying, planning/landscape architecture, geosciences, environmental, subsurface utility engineering, and construction engineering inspection.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- PTO (Paid Time Off) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
seeking a Project Engineer with experience in civil engineering land development, infrastructure design, and construction document preparation for roads, storm drainage systems, storm water management facilities, utilities-water and sewer, sediment, and erosion control.
This position includes design and project management responsibilities within a team atmosphere. This is an excellent opportunity for you to continue enhancing your career with a dynamic Engineering, Surveying and Planning firm! Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 5+ years of qualifying civil engineering design and project management experience.
- PE Licensure, actively pursuing, or ability to obtain licensure in North Carolina and/or South Carolina preferred.
- Advanced design skills in software programs such as Civil 3D (emphasis on knowing corridors, grading objects, storm sewers), ICPR, SedCAD, Hydraflow Hydrographs, Hydraflow Storm Sewers, HydroCAD, and WaterCAD.
- Possess a strong desire to continue learning, advance professionally, and demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, design team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with other team members and interact with clients and local review agencies.
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
- Develop strong relationships with team members.
- Provide training/mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Assist Department Manager in preparation of engineering proposals.
- Assist Department Manager in monthly invoicing for managed projects.
- Assist management of project and staff schedules.
- Serve as potential point-of-contact on land development projects for clients, review agencies, contractors, and internal planning department.
- Perform work with a dedicated team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, storm water control measures (SCMs), sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
- Perform technical review of drawings, specifications, calculations, shop drawings, and other engineering documents for conformance with project goals and requirements.
- Perform preliminary engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Attend meetings with Clients, review agencies, and contractors throughout the various stages of the land development process.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.