Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: DH389271718
Pay Rate: $77 / hour
Product Application Engineer $75, 000- $80,000 Benefits: 100% paid for Employees Health, Dental, Vision, Aflac, Life insurance, FSA, HRA EAP 401k, Paid Holidays and PTO Product Application Engineer you will perform engineering assignments as part of a work team involved in the sales, engineering, planning, organizing, and developing of projects. Design and direct installation of mechanical or electromechanical products or plant systems.Requirements Must have:
- Application/design experience of one or more of the following: Safety Relief Valves (Reclosing/Non-Reclosing), Control Valves, Chokes.
- Computer Skills: Primary drafting experience using SolidWorks, with ProE, AutoCAD knowledge, Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred) with 2-4 years of related experience, or Associates degree with 5-7 years of related experience.
- Industry Codes and Standards knowledge/familiarity in ASME Sec I-IX, B16.34, B16.47, B16.5, API 6A, 6D, 608, Q1/ISO, NACE MR0175, CSAZ245, CE/PED, CRN
- Metallurgy and/or Welding
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. · Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress.
- Work directly and indirectly with customer service and sales personnel on quotations and technical clarification i.e., material (elastomers, seat material, metals) and valve selection recommendations on specific media applications for customers on all product lines.
- Size valves and provide data sheets to customer specifications using calculators.
- Provide cut sheet presentations of product assembly drawings with dimensions, bills of material, and technical data regarding applications to customers.
- Perform ECR’s (Engineering Change Requests)/Create Bills of Materials using ERP system.
- Sales Order Approvals in accordance with specifications.
- Work together with engineering team on sustaining, in problem solving, product design, and manufacturing of valves in compliance with industry standards.
- Perform ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices)/Drawings, dimensional and material, and design changes.
- Provide support to assembly, supply chain, as well as QC with component prints and material specifications.
- Create, update, and maintain nomenclatures for part numbering.
- Create build/test procedures for assembly.