Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: DH409264324
Pay Rate: $100,000.00-150,000
PLATING OPERATIONS MANAGER
General Description: Reports To: Operations Manager
A hands-on position that has full responsibility to grow the Plating Department to ensure safety, on time delivery, quality, and customer satisfaction. The primary function is to coordinate the activities of personnel and processes required for quality control of process and oversee the laboratory and processes that involve plating for oil and gas, aerospace, and military parts.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week. Some overtime/Saturday work may be required.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Keep appropriate managers informed of any problems that can, or will, impact scheduled runs, quality, cost, or customer relations.
- Must have experience with masking and working with high strength steel in the electroplating process.
- Develop and implement test processes and equipment.
- Must have knowledge on the bake out process for plating.
- Diagnose plating problems.
- Document and apply chemical, electrical, and physical plating methods and procedures that provide optimum efficiency for product plating process.
- Develop chemical and physical test procedures required to ensure product quality.
- Study and evaluate processes and procedures.
- Propose ways to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Prepare test solutions and conduct research to develop custom products.
- Assist in evaluating chemical suppliers and order quantities when composing purchase orders.
- Ensure there is safe storage of materials and chemicals in appropriate places.
- Maintain business and other records necessary to comply with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Assist all departments, managers, supervisors and other employees in activities to improve on time delivery, top quality and reduce cost.
- Responsible for testing all tanks on the production line so that the plating processes continue uninterrupted.
- This is a “hands on” position, where a significant part of your time will be spent working with operators on the line to make certain the tanks are plating to the requirements. This will include doing adds, tests, panels, adjustments, tank dumps and clean, etc.
- Will be responsible for maintaining and monitoring the chemical inventory.
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Experience working with an ERP System
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving/Analytical
Supervisory Responsibility This position manages all Plating employees and is responsible for the performance and management within the department.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Must be able to safely utilize and wear PPE, such as dust mask, steel toe footwear, safety glasses.
- Chemical exposure is chromic acid, Chromium VI, caustic and corrosive chemicals.
Required Education and Experience High school graduate.
- 1-year management experience preferred
- 1-3 years plating experience preferred.
- 1-year Pre and post cleanings surface finish