Job Number: DH8393501010
Pay Rate: $62,500 / year
Machine Maintenance Manager 60-65k day shift
****Excellent work environment with great benefits***
The maintenance manager is a hands on manager. having strong mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic skills
A Machine Maintenance Manager is a key position within an organization responsible for overseeing the maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment. This role is crucial in ensuring that all machinery and equipment are functioning efficiently, minimizing downtime, and preventing costly breakdowns.Job Title: Machine Maintenance Manager
Job Summary: The Machine Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and supervising the maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment within the organization. This role ensures the optimal performance and reliability of all machines to support production goals and minimize downtime.
- Proven experience in machine maintenance and repair, with a minimum of 4 years in a supervisory or managerial role.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective leadership and team management abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to workplace safety and compliance with regulations.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions under pressure.
- Maintenance Planning: Develop and implement maintenance schedules and preventive maintenance programs for all machinery and equipment to maximize their operational efficiency.
- Supervision: Lead a team of maintenance technicians, mechanics, and electricians, providing guidance, training, and performance evaluations.
- Budget Management: Prepare and manage the maintenance department's budget, ensuring cost-effective maintenance practices and adherence to financial constraints.
- Equipment Inspection: Regularly inspect machines and equipment to identify and address issues proactively, minimizing downtime and preventing breakdowns.
- Repairs and Troubleshooting: Oversee the repair and troubleshooting of malfunctioning machinery, coordinating with the maintenance team and external contractors as needed.
- Spare Parts Management: Maintain an inventory of critical spare parts, ensuring that the necessary components are readily available for repairs.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure that all maintenance activities adhere to safety regulations and guidelines, promoting a safe working environment for all team members.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including work orders, equipment manuals, and maintenance logs.
- Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction within the maintenance department, implementing best practices and innovative solutions.
- Vendor Relations: Establish and maintain relationships with equipment suppliers and service providers for technical support and spare parts procurement.
- Training and Development: Provide ongoing training and development opportunities to the maintenance team to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Physical Requirements: The role may require the ability to lift heavy objects and perform tasks in a physically demanding environment.INDSTO