Contract to Perm
Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: JK717187630
Pay Rate: 20.00
Lingo Staffing is now hiring a Industrial Maintenance Technician!
- Monday – Friday
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime as needed
Specific Job Duties
- Reads and understands blueprints and wiring diagrams used in diagnosing mechanical or electrical problems
- Has proficient skills to perform construction, fabrication, welding and remodeling projects, building walls, shelving, storage bins, or similar fixtures, hanging ceilings, pouring concrete, duct work and other related jobs.
- Evaluates site requirement s and recommends new or modified equipment. Installs technical equipment as required, making appropriate electrical, air and water connections and aligning equipment for production use.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses mechanical and electrical failures of CNC and PLC controlled production and facilities equipment. Repairs all equipment and may modify such equipment to improve efficiency
- Has proficient skill to perform preventive maintenance and repairs as required and directed.
- Installs or replaces lighting fixtures, repairing electrical wiring when required.
- Initiates parts requisitions, obtaining quotations from approved vendors for plant equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections of production equipment as required.
- Maintains a record of replacement parts and equipment to facilitate emergency repairs.
- Ensures the appearance of the buildings and grounds exceeds the expectations of the plant managers and visitors.
- Follows standard safety procedures, and uses all approved safety devices and equipment, as required. Notifies appropriate plant manager of any safety issues. Ensures arc flash PPE inspections are performed and documented and such PPE is worn when required by NFPA 70E.
- Checks the condition of company vehicles, repairs or delivers vehicles to a commercial garage for required work.
- Operates snow removal equipment as required, spreading sand in parking lot and on sidewalks as necessary.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all department employees and superiors.
- Leads and initiates respectful communication to ensure all involved parties are aware of progress on issues and efforts.
- Maintains preventive maintenance schedules and develops related reports for all production equipment.
- Provides work direction to other maintenance and custodial personnel as required.
- Has proficient skill to perform reasonably similar duties as assigned or required.
- Leads projects requiring multiple resources and strong communication.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years electrical experience in industrial setting
- 2+ years welding/fabrication experience
- 2+ years industrial troubleshooting; machine breakdown including hydraulic and mechanical breakdowns
- Ability to wear respirator
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Plumbing experience
- HVAC experience