Machine Maintenance Technician Direct hire located in Akron, Ohio Benefits in 30 days after hire Dental, medical, vision and 401K benefits; PTO of up to 3 weeks per year; opportunity for an annual company bonus; and opportunity for perfect attendance days!Hourly rate of $32.35 per hour Overtime rate $48.52 per hourResponsibilities Will be responsible for maintaining daily operation of the equipment, preventative maintenance on process equipment and facility systems, providing emergency repairs as needed. This position will be responsible for installation of new equipment and inspection and repair of existing equipment. Job description• Piping installation and ability to determine correct materials for each service.
• Can read and understand piping specification and engineering drawings.
• Safe operation of industrial equipment such as forklifts, hoists, etc.
• Machinery repair and installation.
• Troubleshoot and repair steam systems.
• Pump repair and installation.
• Steel and sheet metal fabrication.
• Participate on the Emergency Response Team.
• Maintains and improves preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
• Must be able to lift objects weighing 70 lbs. or more and/or frequent lift/carry 50 lbs. or more, employee must be able to work from all heights.• Follow safe work practices and support safety goals and objectives.
• Makes all necessary mechanical repairs on equipment, including replacement, repair and installation of sleeves, bearings gears, shafts, pins, etc.
Requirements • High School Diploma/GED• Journeymen’s Card, or 2-Year Technical Degree, mechanical in nature, or Trade School Certification • 2-5 years’ experience in maintenance manufacturing environment ***** Chemical / production facility a plus
• 2-5 years mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment
• Capable of working in a high paced environment
• Working knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, E-Mail)***Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shifts***Desired Qualifications • Familiar with ISO-9001 and Process Safety Management
• Certified Welder
• Steam system experience
• Electrical and Instrumentation experience INDSTO