Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: DH56834554
Pay Rate: $54 / hour
Field service Technician
Hire direct to company.
first shift, career opportunity.
Perform routine assembly operations on equipment across all company product lines with focus on solids separation and powder handling equipment.
Work to be performed based on supplied drawings, schematics as well as written and verbal instructions.
Ensure all work meets established company standards, customer specifications and schedule requirements.
FIELD SERVICE: about 30% travel after training
Support on-site assembly, field inspection, maintenance, and repair of the company’s process solution products.
Interact with Service Manager & customers to schedule service calls, materials and repairs as needed.
Ensure all work meets established quality and performance standards.
GED or High school
Technical school preferred
Valid Drivers license
- Complete equipment assemblies in shop such as skids, filter/dryers, vacuum systems and engineered systems in accordance with written and verbal instructions, customer requirements, and standards within established time requirements.
- Skilled in the operation of material handling equipment; fork-lift, overhead crane,
- Knowledge/experience with process piping components & assemblies.
- Basic understanding & experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical machine control systems.
- Capable of reading, understanding, and working from technical drawings & schematics/diagrams.
- Fabrication experience with stainless steel (TIG/MIG welding).
- Solid communication skills; verbal and written. • Strong organizational skills
- Experience with standard plant safety procedures (OSHA training preferred)
- Basic computer skills Word and outlook
- Ability to fit through a 12”16” manway opening.
- lift a minimum of seventy pounds repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate all forms of hand and power tools.
Essential Job duties:
1. Completes equipment assemblies in shop such as powder handling equipment, filter/dryers, vacuum systems and engineered systems in accordance with written and verbal instructions, customer requirements, and standards within established time requirements.
2. Provides assembly, rework, interconnect, and testing of hydraulic and pneumatic systems for machine control operations.
3. Assists with interconnect and testing of electrical control systems for machine control operations.
4. Assists in equipment preparation and provides required assistance during client pre-shipment Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT).
5. Assists with cleaning, repairing, testing of Powder Pump rental units and work with Production Supervisor to ensure replacement parts are ordered to have completed units on the shelf, ready for rental. Performs cleaning & maintenance on vacuum pump and filter-dryer rental fleet.
6. Assures all assigned shop equipment is used, maintained, and functions properly. Reports any operational or safety defects immediately.
7. Follows good working, safety, and housekeeping practices in accordance with established regulatory procedures.
8. Acquires and maintains an up-to-date functional knowledge of product lines.
9. Performs other related duties as needed
Employees will work mainly in a warehouse/technical center environment with open-air conditions.
Once fully trained with some experience, 30-40% travel may be required for occasional system site assembly, start-up, training, and related activities