Industry: Skilled Trades
Job Number: DH5551001027
Pay Rate: 135000
Experience Director of Warehouse operations.
oversee a team of experienced operations managers across two locations
Perishable, Freezer, and dry good experience
100,000.00-150,0000.00 + bonus up to 50%
- Holiday Pay
- Summary: Responsible for a large distribution warehouse open 24/7.
· The Director of Distribution is responsible for the entire operation of perishable, grocery, and all other applicable departments, as well as the transportation department, and will maintain up to and over 700,000 square feet of warehouse and fleet operations that service company operations in a timely and cost-efficient manner
· Director of Distribution is responsible for all warehouse and transportation operations in support of distribution to over 100 stores across the Southeast.
· This individual oversees the implementation of new programs and the support of existing programs and ensures compliance with all state and local regulations related to food storage, safety, hazardous chemical storage, and ammonia refrigeration programs.
· This individual is responsible for continuous improvement in both operations and personnel growth within the distribution function and plays a key role in maintaining a diverse environment that is associate-friendly and supportive of corporate initiatives.
· Accountable for the receiving, storage, and shipping of all product and merchandise that is brought through the supply chain including, but not limited to, grocery/perishable receiving, shipping, transportation, and inventory control.
· Ability to adequately analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
· Ensure that product is stored and rotated properly, as well as delivered in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
· BA degree OR 4-5 years related supervisory warehouse experience and training.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. COMPENSATION: Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package
· Minimum of eight to ten years of related experience in distribution center operations; experience managing perishable product categories in the retail grocery industry.
· Sound business acumen with the ability to synthesize and analyze data and financials to achieve key business objectives.
· Excellent leadership skills with an ability to motivate teams and build a diverse and high performing culture.
· Proven management experience with an ability to build commitment and buying from key stakeholders and associates.
· Strong project management skills: ability to identify, develop, lead, and execute key initiatives across various departments.
· Strong organizational skills that allow for effective multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
· Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
· Inspire and motivate others to perform well, effectively influence actions, provide vision, and give appropriate recognition to others.
- Inventory software Softgrocery software a plus
- Payroll system VLM software a plus
- Human resource system experience OPIE software a plus
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance